In keeping with Duvall Foundation for the Arts’ mission to promote creativity, diversity, and cultural awareness by supporting the arts and arts education in the lower Snoqualmie Valley, Duvall Foundation for the Arts Presents:
The 1st Annual Sno-Valley Short Film & Animation Festival Poster Contest
The DFA is currently seeking original artwork that creatively reflects the culture and art of filmmaking, while embracing the spirit, character, and creativity of the Snoqualmie Valley, and more broadly, the entire Pacific Northwest, for the official poster of the 1st Annual Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival. We hope that this new Festival will reflect the unique character of Duvall and the surrounding valley, and are looking for a poster to match. We are reaching out to local artists who would like to be involved in this new endeavor by designing such a poster to be used for the promotion of the Festival.
Rules for Submission:
- Eligibility: The competition is open to professional and amateur artists.
- There will be 3 levels of competition:
- Junior category for students in grades K through 5th
- Intermediate category for students in grades 6th through 12th
- Advanced category for participants aged 18 and over
- Artworks must be 2-D. All media (painting, drawing, printmaking, collage, photography, graphic design, fiber art) are accepted.
- All submissions must be an original design by the entrant, not an adaptation of another artist’s design, and conceived for reproduction as an 18 x 24 inch poster.
- Artists must submit entries as a jpeg, png or eps digital file, or hardcopy of their original work. Submissions can be made online to email@example.com, via our online submission form, or via US mail to Duvall Foundation for the Arts, PO Box 1043, Duvall, WA 98019. Additionally, entries will be accepted in person at the Duvall Visitor and Centennial Center.
- Limit of 1 entry per person.
- All submissions must be received by Monday November 30, 2015.
For full rules and regulations, and application information, please visit the rules and regulations page.