2016 Sno-Valley Short Film & Animation Festival Poster Contest
Rules and Regulations
Date of Show: Saturday, February 20, 2016
The Duvall Foundation for the Arts is currently seeking original artwork that creatively reflects the culture and art of filmmaking, while embracing the spirit, character, and creativity of the Snoqualmie Valley, and more broadly, the entire Pacific Northwest, for use in the promotion of the 1st Annual Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival, to be held on February 20, 2016, at Monroe River Valley Farm, 19829 168th St. SE, Monroe, Washington 98272. Winning artwork may be featured on the official poster and in additional marketing and promotional materials for the Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival. For more information about the Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival, please visit our website at www.duvallarts.org/Event/FilmFest.
- The competition is open to professional and amateur artists.
- There are 3 levels of competition:
- Junior category for students in grades K through 5th
- Intermediate category for students in grades 6th through 12th
- Advanced category for participants aged 18 and over
- Artworks must be 2-D. All media (painting, drawing, printmaking, collage, photography, graphic design, fiber art) are accepted.
- All entries must be an original design by the entrant, not an adaptation of another artist’s design, and conceived for reproduction as an 18 x 24 inch poster.
- Entries should creatively reflect the culture and art of filmmaking, while embracing the spirit of the Snoqualmie Valley. Entries may also include the name of the event (Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival) in the artwork.
- Artwork needs to be at least 9” wide by 12” tall (and no more than 18” wide by 24” tall) in proportion due to the needs of the final resized image.
- All artwork must be original in design and execution. No reproductions or copies of another artist’s work will be considered.
- Use of trademarked brands or images is prohibited.
- Contestant agrees to fully indemnify the Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival and the Duvall Foundation for the Arts for copyright infringement whether known or unknown by submission of other people’s work.
- Limit of (1) entry per person.
- Artist Applications are available online at duvallarts.org/Event/FilmFest or at the Duvall Visitor and Centennial Center.
- Artists must submit entries as a jpeg, png or eps digital file, or a hardcopy of their original work. Submissions can be made via email to email@example.com, via our online submission form, or via US mail to Duvall Foundation for the Arts, PO Box 1043, Duvall, WA 98019. Additionally, entries will be accepted in person at the Duvall Visitor and Centennial Center.
- All submissions must be received by Monday November 30, 2015.
The winning artwork will become the property of the Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival, and by submitting artwork for this competition, the artist agrees to release all rights for use of the original artwork and digital and printed reproductions of all or part of the artwork to the Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival.
Non-winning hardcopy entries will be available for pick up the week following the Festival at the Duvall Visitor and Centennial Center. Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival will not keep any entries after that point.
Please note: The Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival reserves the right to alter the final design of the winning artwork to fit its needs or to reject all submissions for the final poster and marketing campaign. The Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival also reserves the right to publicly display entries before and during the Festival. Upon their discretion, the Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival Committee may select the Grand Prize winner from any category of submissions.
Entries will be judged and finalists selected during the week of December 20, 2015. The winning artists in each category will receive a cash prize of $50 and will have their artwork displayed at the Festival. Second and Third Place finalists in each category will receive a cash prize of $25 and have their artwork displayed at the Festival. The Grand Prize winning artist will receive a cash prize of $100, and if aged 21+ will receive (2) tickets for the Festival Gala.
Entrants will be notified of their status via email no later than Thursday December 31, 2015.
If you have questions, please contact Veronika at 425-698-0711 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sno-Valley Short Film and Animation Festival Committee
 Date subject to change
 Should the Grand Prize be awarded to an underage artist, the Festival reserves the right to award a different prize, or no additional prize, in lieu of Gala tickets.